If you’ve never seen RENT, find the DVD or download, right now, and watch it immediately.
I’m not sure this is true, but I did read that the movie cast is the original Broadway cast (except for maybe one). In any case, it’s worth the watch for any teen/adult (Rated PG-13 for mature thematic material involving drugs and sexuality, and for some strong language.)
The story is about strength and survival and even Bohemia (E’s heritage)!
…and, no surprise, I cry like a baby at two pivotal points that I won’t divulge to anyone who has not seen it.
Here are just some of my favorite quotes:
- “There’s only us. There’s only this. Forget regret or life is yours to miss.”
- “You can’t buy love, but…you can rent it.”
- “I’ll pay you back with 10,000 kisses.”
- “Why does distance make us wise?”
- “I should tell you…”
- “525,600 minutes…how do YOU measure the life of a year?”
- “Will I wake tomorrow from this nightmare?…No day but today!”
- “I’d die without you….”
- “There’s only now. There’s only here…..Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.”