Day 5 of 30

The Red Wasp Film Festival was GREAT. The theme of the night was horror, so there were zombies everywhere.

Over the first few years of this festival, the filmmakers have gotten better and the films have gotten longer. While we all enjoyed so many of the films and even had a hard time voting for just one, the festival ran long for a Friday night (especially after free wine during the VIP party), so by the last film, many of us were dozing off.

We got home pretty late, so I did not take my new “sleepy” drug. Still, I slept like a baby! It was great.

On Friday, Indi had sniffed/pointed at my tennis shoes and then looked at me and barked and begged. In just a couple of days, he has figured out that those shoes mean we are going for a w-a-l-k. Smart cookie. I had to make him wait until our 9am “appointment” with Jes and her dogs.

This morning, he begged and jumped and barked and threw an all-out hissy fit. So, I took him next door to run in Jes’ backyard for a few minutes. While I was there, I helped Cady with the last few things of packing for her trip to Wichita, Kansas with her family.

Next, I loaded up a few things and headed to Brazos Valley Communications to pick up the Jack Jeep for a “personal appearance”. (yep, I’m now a Jack Girl.) I drove the Jeep out to the Caldwell Country car dealership and spent two hours giving away Ren Fest tickets, haircuts, tshirts, stickers, magnets, and “I’m a Jack FM Fan” fans. The guys/girl at the dealership were all really nice. And, it was a beautiful day. Most of all, Jack FM plays good music. So, I had a good time.

When I got back into town, I dropped off the Jeep/stuff and E and I headed up to BW3 to watch the Miami/FSU game. We left at half time (game was tied) to go to Mike and Tom’s housewarming and then back to the festival. This time I had “day of charging” fresh batteries and got some wonderful shots of the belly dancers, especially the ones who danced with veils.

The festival ended with the awards for judges favorite, and “up and coming”. The festival’s gift to the crowd was an 84 minute documentary of 9 of the Nobel Prize winners. By that time of the night, we all suffered the same fate as before. We were all sleeping through the documentary. E and I dropped off Matt and didn’t get home until after midnight.
It wasn’t until much later in the night that we learned the final score of the Miami game.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Colin McCarthy returned a fumble 27 yards for Miami’s second touchdown in 11 seconds late in the fourth quarter and the Hurricanes beat FLda State 37-29 Saturday.

For the first time since 1977, the rivalry game that helped decide so many national titles during the 1980s and 90s was played with neither team ranked. Fittingly, the Seminoles and ‘Canes combined for nine turnovers, five by FSU.”

C-A-N-E-S Canes!
M—I—A-M-I, Fight, Fight, Fight!

Unfortunately, I didn’t sleep as well as I had the night before. I need to retire early enough to take the drug that keeps me on such a good schedule.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *