Tonight I had the pleasure of working Brazos Valley College Night. I was there representing my alma mater, the University of Miami (BBA ’93, MSEd ’95). It is always a wonderful experience to talk to perspective students about UM and the city of Miami. More than that, I love talking to parents about my experience there and about all the amazing opportunities the University has to offer.
I also got to socialize a bit with some folks I know:
- Joannie was there representing her school
- Chris was there for his academy
- Michael was there with his daughter looking at colleges
- the Romeros were there helping their daughter research universities
- I saw one person I work with at TEEX from across the room
- I saw a couple of other folks I used to work with on campus
It’s a small, small, world.
The staff who ran the event were top-notch. They were friendly and appreciative of us being there. They were helpful and kind. It was a great event.