I’ll Take My Barbies and Go Home

None of this happened to me, but it happened to a friend of mine and I’m angry for her (especially since I’ve been there). She was asked to donate desserts for an industry event. It was not made clear that she would be one of at least two who donated. So, she staged and planned […]

Give AND Take part deux

Another rant so soon? Yes, it seems these things come in waves. Furthermore, there have been several things going on. In all kinds of ways, I give a LOT to my community. I give time/skill/talent to charity and other community efforts. I pick up random trash I see. I take a shopping cart from the […]

Going Green

We’ve become a lot more eco-friendly since moving to Austin. Our apartment complex recycling–and Austin’s in general–is a lot easier to use. So, we are dong that a lot more. It’s a huge visual impact we can make. Oh, and since we live in an apartment, we use a lot less water and electricity. Right […]

Unfashionably Late

Wow. I’ve been saying these things for years. I’m glad to see Greg Savage really lay down the law to people who make a habit or intention of being late. http://gregsavage.com.au/2010/06/07/no-you-are-not-%E2%80%98running-late%E2%80%99-you-are-rude-and-selfish/